Answered By: Tim Leonard Last Updated: Sep 14, 2020 Views: 820
Our Click and Collect service allows you to request print books online, and then collect them during on of your timetabled sessions on campus.
Requesting a book
To request a print book by Click and Collect:
- Search for the book on the Library Catalogue, and click on the title. You will be shown a page of information about the book, and whether there are copies currently available.
- Click on the Collect button. Your request will be placed on the specific copy you select (so if there are multiple copies and you want a three week loan, please make sure you request that specific copy)
- Log in with your University of Bolton Student Number and Library PIN. Your PIN will initially be set to the day and year of your birthday e.g. 1st April 1976 is 0176.
- Click the Collect button again (it should now say Collect from Main Library)
- You will receive a notification to show that reservation has been placed.
You can check the status of your reservation at any time by logging into the Library Catalogue (with your University of Bolton Student Number and Library PIN) and going to the Reservations page in My Account. You will receive an email when your reservation is available to collect (and this will also show on My Account).
Available books that have been requested via Click and Collect should normally be available within a 48 hour period. You may have to wait longer to collect your book during one of your timetabled sessions on campus.
Click and Collect is only available on items at the Peter Marsh Library. It is not possible to use Click and Collect to request items at the Queens Library.
Collecting your book
When you have received the email to say that your Click and Collect book is available, please make a booking to visit the Peter Marsh Library during one of your timetabled sessions on campus. It will not be possible to visit the Library at any other time without a booking.You must wear a face covering while on campus and observe social distancing guidelines.
The Reservation shelf is located at the Library Helpdesk. Please retrieve your book/s and issue them at self service. Speak to a member of staff if you need any help.
Books will be held for collection for ten days. If they have not been collected in that time the reservation will be cancelled and the book will be reshelved.
If you need to browse the shelves, you can make a 30 minute booking to do that, though we encourage the use of Click and Collect where possible.